At MAITRI, we want our community to be informed of the therapeutic benefit of psilocybin containing mushrooms when the appropriate dose is consumed; they must be treated with respect and held closely as sacred tools.
Here are a few important dose-related points to consider:
– Dosing can vary from person to person and is not strictly dependent on body weight.
– Alcohol, cannabis, antidepressants and other drugs can affect the user’s experience with psilocybin.
Start with a small dose and wait 30-45 minutes. If a deeper experience is desired, we recommend having an additional small dose.
30-45 minutes and the duration is typically 3-4 hours.
Set and Setting – Psilocybin containing mushrooms can make you sensitive to stimuli, securing your environment ahead of time is recommended.
Consider the following:
- soft soothing sounds or music
- comfortable clothing and natural fabrics
- surrounding yourself with people you trust
- venturing to a well-known/calm place in nature
As Introspection, flow states, and heightened creativity are common during a psilocybin experience we recommend:
- keeping a journal (ODIN Microdosing Journal) and pen close by to capture significant insights to reflect on later for therapeutic benefit
- having your music playlists selected, crafting supplies at hand, and a blank canvas to express yourself
- preparing your movement or meditation space